Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Elijah's Room (thought process)

I knew at some point this summer I would tackle Elijah's room (during the daddy/boy/grandmother trip), but I just found out yesterday that that day is June 11 (a week away!). So, like any good planner, I need to map out my thoughts, collect supplies, and get inspiration, etc. ...here goes:

#1. I have the very unfortunate task of scraping the ceiling. Need: mask, protective eyewear, joint knife scraper, garden sprayer, plastic, painters tape, rosin paper, joint compound, sander. Steps: clear room, turn off electricity, remove light fixture, tape plastic to cover walls and floor, tape off ceiling for clean line, spray celing, scrape, clean up, repair celing, sand. Dear Lord, I am sneezing just thinking about it.

#2. Painting. I have a taupe color (my boy's favorite color is brown, strangely enough) that will go on the celing and walls. After that I am considering a few things...painting trees on the wall, or chalk line marks to make it look like boards/tree house like feel. Elijah's favorite colors: brown, blue, and orange. Fortunately since I'm the mom and it's my house, I get to pick the shades of those colors.

#3 Shopping needs: a dresser, light fixture or fan, bedside table. In my dreams, I would love my husband to build a built in bed.

#4 Inspiration: Elijah loves all things campy, explorer, Swiss family Robinson, and Superheros. hmmmm....


















2 comments:

{Amanda} said...

Oh Brook, can't wait to see how it all comes together for E!

Jamie Grizzle said...

I love all of your inspiration photos. I can't wait to see how it all turns out...I already love the 3 bears room! I just know this one will be adorable as well.