Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome Guests!

Welcome to my guest room.
I have been waiting to take pics because a little something was missing.  But when I found the old Post Office window to use as a headboard, everything came together!
It still has the original paint on it and everything.  And the color could not be more perfect to match the curtains my grandmother made me from fabric remnants. 
The glider was something I could not part with because it is where I sat and rocked all my babies.  It has seen better days, but it lives in here for now til I have the heart to pass it on to its next life.  The globe was a yard sale find that Elijah loves to study.  And the old dresser belonged to Blake's great aunt.  The saddle was Blake's brother who passed away at 29 from CF, but his legacy lives on in my boy's cowboy hearts.  It's a collection, but it makes me happy, and isn't that what decorating is all about?

Take a look around...


























2 comments:

MLS said...

Um....THIS IS AMAZING! Can you pin yourself on Pinterest??? You are so talented!!

Brooklyn said...

Thanks friend! Yes, I can. And I do. Often. Will pin this shortly. You are so talented!!!! And, I miss you.
Your email the other day about remember when, just about made me cry. I do remember when, and I miss it. more than you know. I needs some MLS time very soon! <3 <3 <3