Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

What I fed my People last night...

Cabbage Stew
When Hubby returned from Alaska back in August, he brought us back a little inspiration in the form of a children's book called The Giant Cabbage.
Our family now enjoys the tradition of reading the book and then chowing down on some delicious Cabbage stew.

I begin, as I do most all my soups, with an onion and some olive oil in a pan.

While your onions carmelize, chop your potatoes. 

Carmelizing onions
Put the potatoes in with the onions and generously add salt and ground pepper 
Get your stew meat ready
(This is not in the recipe, but my boys won't eat a meal without some meat)

Drop in your meat and add carrots and more salt and pepper

Here's our very own Giant Cabbage
(I use only about half of it)

Here's the Wonderful Alaskan inspiration... 



This is what it looks like.  Then you let it cook down, add some chicken broth and a little water and Eat it up!  YUM!

No comments: