Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

A new and welcome Change...The Ceiling

Okay, so we have taken over a year off of major house projects, but it's time to begin again.  Mama has been very patient.  :)
I have been dreaming of doing something about these ugly, worn out, nasty popcorn ceilings for 6 years.  And the time is now.  
But, thank to the Frugal Farmhouse idea of giving basic plywood your beadboard plank look, the bedroom project is going to cost only about $100 in supplies (!).  Maybe a little more in physical therapy bills for Hubby's poor neck.
We are right smack in the middle now, but I couldn't wait.  Check out the process:
Hubby and I cut the plywood in to 4'' strips.



Then, of course, I painted them with your basic Valspar Builders-grade high-hiding tinted primer in my favorite white (one super thick coat and 30 minutes drying time), and Daddy and Little Man hung them for me.  





Here's a beginning 'after' photo.  Can't wait for the real reveal.  Stay tuned.  


And here's the sweetest thing about it all...

Gotta love those boys!

No comments: