Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

What a lovely weekend...

I hope your weekend was as great as mine!  
It is so rare that I get my people to join in my hobby of flea marketing and antiquing, but this weekend...it happened!  


Hubby and my bf, Cassie, joined me in returning to our hometown,Cullman, and going to some of my favorite jaunts: The Cullman Flea Mkt., and Hamby Mill.  You can seriously find some treasures.  Take a peak into my Saturday morning...


These first few were Hubby's favorite parts, 






Then on to the lovely things...
Always time for some knee pad silliness.


I had to take pictures of this bucket of carpenter's pencils just because I remember my Papa using them all the time.  They were everywhere when I went to their house.

These, on the other hand, were just comedy.



The second reason Hubby agreed to this trip was for the awesome Smith's Farms.  They have the best smoked meats, canned and frozen veggies, and more.






Poor Hubby.  He keeps trying to like cheese.  He just hasn't found one he likes yet.  (I have never, however, had any trouble loving all kinds of cheese.)







And across the street, The Peinhardt farm...





Other places we passed as we drove to Hamby Mill:














Hamby Mill...
one of central Alabama's best kept secrets


Hamby Mill is actually 3 converted chicken houses.  Now well stocked antique boothes.























(That's my winter china my Nana gave me!)


Cassie purchased this tray for our business in the works...Fuzzy Bird Creations.



Antiquing is serious business??





That's my Johnson Bros. Staffordshire Bouquet Collection I started summer before last.  

Sweet Vintage Linens.


I have no idea why I caught my husband holding a scrub board, but I had to take a picture of it for the world to see.


I love these columns.  They are soooo on my Christmas list!!



Thanks Hubs and Cass for an excellent morning. My cup should be full and overflowing for a while.  Love u guys.


No comments: