Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The nest.


I found a blog called Pretties and Posies a couple of weeks ago.  The author, Melanie, has some really great photography on there, which inspired the picture I did above.  

Now, just so everyone knows, I love art, took a little bit when I was a kid, but never really learned anything about it. I never even took art appreciation in school, so I am pretty much an idiot savant in that way.  But, just like they used to run the idiot savant out of town, I may very well get run out of the "art community" (whatever that means), when I tell you that I did this painting with my fingers.  Strangely, I thought artists were known for being non-judgemental and accepting, ya know, that sort of thing.  However, when an artist friend asked me the other day, "Is that Impasto?", and I had no idea what meant, I got a pretty cold answer in response (especially when she found out my true skill level is a little less than a toddler's).    







Haha.  Oh well.  All that to say, I am just a girl, with some paints and some fingers trying to make something pretty every now and again when I get inspired.  Take it for what it is.  

No comments: