Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!! I wish I had gotten to do more blogging this season (I have had some major technical difficulties). It was truly truly an amazing time. Best ever, in fact! The boys are at such a fun age! I keep saying that, but every year it seems like they just get more and more fun. This year they were all old enough to understand and show their appreciation! I was hoping the whole 'its better to give than receive' thing would be felt too, but they aren't there yet (I'll take what I can get :)).
This year was extra special because, while we usually travel all over Alabama (4 sets of grandparents to see on Christmas day, plus 2 extended family get togethers...not to mention friend, church and school parties), this year we asked everyone to come to our house on Christmas day! I can't believe what a difference that made. It was so sweet and relaxing, and the boys got to stay home and play with their new toys. Something about it made the season less about the toys, though, and more about family. Maybe they are just getting to that age where they are "getting it". All I know is it was a great feeling.




Even though it's not about the gifts, we did get some pretty good ones. Here's just a few:

1.)Tix to see Celtic Woman in April!

2.)Lots of Alabama stuff!

3.)Lots of Nerf stuff!

4.)LOTS of Legos!

5.)And the reason I am able to blog this now...



Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

{Amanda} said...

Awwww, so glad you were able to host everyone- what fun! Sounds like y'all had a lovely Christmas =)