Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whining and Complaining about Winter



I hate winter. I am just tired of it! And I live in Alabama, so I know I don't struggle with half of what other people do as far as cold goes, but I guess it's just what you get used to. Here are the Top 5 Reasons Why I HATE Winter!!

5. It's dang cold out there and my skin is all dry and I hate lotion.

4. Everything is dead. It's nice not to have to deal with mosquitoes, but now everything is brown and depressed looking. Thank God for winter rye even if it is unruly.

3. The kids don't go out and play as much. Which means they are inside...and loud...and rambunctious. The only minutes peace I get is when the tv is on, but the tv is eating their brain and leaving me with little alien children who don't listen or behave. For the love!

2. It's COLD! Obviously. It's hard to get a shower because when you get in or get out the pain is like needles. You must wear socks (I don't really like things on my feet...I guess you could say I am a minimalist in that way) because the floor stings if not. The wind whips your nose off and whats left drips and runs and requires tissues (another winter accessory). Speaking of...

1. Everybody's SICK!! Flu, Bronchitis, Stomach bug, colds, 5ths disease, just to name a few. Sheesh!


Okay. Enough complaining. On a positive note:
There is one thing I like about winter...

SOUP!!!MMMMM

No comments: